Email

scott.collier@myldsmail.net

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Week 69

Hey Everyone! 
Shoutout to Lauren my sister Lauren and, Elder Izu for their keeping me up with the right week in the count.

Its February!!! I've been out in the field for exactly 16 months today! 2/3s done and honestly the fact that I only have 8 months left is pretty ridiculous. It feels so short. There are still so many people that need help. So little time. 

But life is good. Honestly its been really enjoyable this last week. We woke up early and taught a lesson at 530 in the morning to some people who weren't available at any other time, had zone interviews, had a district service project (yes we got it payag'ed) and have just been able to share the word of God. The work is progressing and people are coming to Christ, and I get to be a little part of that. 

I've been thinking a lot about charity this last week. Refocusing my thoughts and attentions and just loving everyone no matter what. It hasn't been hard, because it doesn't come from me. But it has been a really good way for me to see how Christ wants me to be. We don't make Charity from ourselves. It doesnt come from us. It is something we let into our lives as we strive to be like Christ. It is His love not ours. It is just ours to show to everyone. "Let you light so shine," ya know? And that light is the light of Christ. So that's what I'm working on.

I love you all!
-Elder me







Picture 1-3 is on the hike this morning
Picture 4 is us at the service project mixing cement

No comments:

Post a Comment